We will not share personal information with anyone unless our Company has been authorised to do so. By providing personal information to us, you accept and consent to our use of your personal information in accordance with this policy. If you disagree with the terms outlined in this policy or are younger than 18, please indicate your disagreement, and do not supply any personal information.
A person can access his/her personal data at any time via the My Personal Data page on the website www.bonnievalewines.co.za (NOTE: A person will need to be logged into his/her online profile in order to view the data on this page).
Your personal information is collected when:
- you submit any enquiry.
- create an account login.
- transact online.
- complete an application form or registration form.
- when you enter a promotion or competition (including via our websites or through social media sites);
- when you register to use our websites or when you participate in blog discussions or other social media functions on our websites.
The information you provide includes:
- your name and surname.
- your age.
- your email address.
- your telephone number.
- your company name, company registration number, and VAT number.
- your financial and card payment details.
- your postal address or street address; and
- your username and password. We will use this personal data to fulfil your account, provide additional services and information to you as we reasonably think appropriate, and for any other purposes set out in this policy.
HOW DO BONNIEVALE WINES COLLECT INFORMATION?
- Once a person registered on the website, he/she will no longer be anonymous as he/she provided Bonnievale Wines with personal information.
- A person may also provide additional information on a voluntary basis (“optional information”). This includes content that a person chooses to upload or download from the website or when he/she enters competitions, takes advantage of promotions, or otherwise use the features and functionality of the website.
- Bonnievale Wines automatically receives and records internet usage information on its server logs from the browser, such as the user’s Internet Protocol address (“IP address”), and the dates and times that the website was visited, paths taken, and time spent on sites and pages within the website (this is called “usage information”).
- The website may contain electronic image requests (called a “single-pixel gif” or “web beacon” request) that allow Bonnievale Wines to count page views and to access cookies. Any electronic image viewed can act as a web beacon. The web beacons however do not collect, monitor or share any personal information. It is used purely to compile anonymous information about our website.
- Bonnievale Wines will not collect or process any information that may be considered “high risk” information as described in section 26 of the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013, or any information concerning a person younger than 18 years.
WHAT IS DONE WITH PERSONAL INFORMATION?
When a person purchases something from the online store, as part of the buying and selling process, personal information given by the individual is collected; information such as an individual’s name, address and email address.
When an individual browses the online store, Bonnievale Wines also automatically receives the individual’s computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide information that helps Bonnievale Wines learn about the browser and operating system.
Bonnievale Wines may use any information provided for the purposes indicated by the individual when it agreed to provide same to Bonnievale Wines.
With the individual’s permission, Bonnievale Wines may then send such individual emails about its store, new products and other updates.
Consent is required when collecting your personal information, therefore by voluntarily submitting personal information on our website, you are consenting to the collection and processing of your information only for the purposes of which it is provided to us.
If asked for personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, Bonnievale Wines will either ask the individual directly for its expressed consent or provide the individual with an opportunity to decline.
How is consent withdrawn?
If after an individual opted-in, he/she may change their mind, they may withdraw their consent for Bonnievale Wines to contact them, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of their information, at any time, by emailing Bonnievale Wines at firstname.lastname@example.org
An individual therefore always has the choice to adjust their settings or to unsubscribe at any time.
Bonnievale Wines will not disclose any personal information to anyone unless it is compelled or required by law to do so or if an individual violated Bonnievale Wines’ Terms of Service.
Bonnievale Wines may need to disclose personal information to its employees that require the personal information to do their jobs. All employees are however also bound by the terms of this policy.
Bonnievale Wines’ store is “runs on” WooCommerce.
They provide Bonnievale Wines with the online e-commerce platform that allows it to sell products and services to the individual.
An individual’s personal data is stored through WooCommerce’s data storage, databases and the general WooCommerce application. They store this data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If an individual chose a direct payment gateway to complete their purchase, then WooCommerce temporarily stores credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). The purchase transaction data is stored only as long as it’s necessary to complete the particular purchase transaction. After that is complete, the purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discovery.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by the online store and its service providers.
Bonnievale Wines makes use of PayFast for payment processing. PayFast adheres to security protocols including:
- PCI-DSS Level 1 Compliant: All customers’ credit card payments are done in PayFast’s secure environment.
- Secure servers: PayFast’s website, payments page and help site are hosted on secure servers, safeguarding against phishing attacks.
- 3D Secure: This extra layer of security is used for all online transactions using a credit card.
- GEO IP Tracking: By monitoring where transactions originate from, PayFast can look for mismatches with the card’s issuing country.
- BIN/IIN Validation: Checks the card-issuing bank locations and merchants can choose to enable/disable payments from certain countries.
- Fraud Reviews: All suspicious transactions are manually reviewed by PayFast’s support team.
- Extended Validation SSL: PayFast use Extended Validation SSL with 2048-bit encryption, the highest level encryption available.
- ASV Scans on a weekly basis: PayFast runs weekly network scans to look for new possible vulnerabilities and certify quarterly.
- Two-factor authentication: This extra layer of security is available to restrict access to your PayFast account.
- Validation checks: Payments and card details are automatically checked against large online databases of blacklisted details.
- Web application firewall: PayFast utilises WAF technologies to detect and stop malicious activity before it reaches our servers.
In general, the third-party providers used by Bonnievale Wines will only collect, use and disclose personal information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to Bonnievale Wines.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information Bonnievale Wines is required to provide to them for an individual’s purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, it is recommend that their privacy policies be read to understand the manner in which personal information will be handled by these providers.
When an individual clicks on links on Bonnievale Wines’ online store, they may direct a person away from Bonnievale Wines’ site. Bonnievale Wines is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage individuals to read their specific privacy statements.
Bonnievale Wines’ store uses Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits the site and what pages are being looked at.
To protect personal information, Bonnievale Wines takes reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If an individual provides Bonnievale Wines with credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption.
Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, Bonnievale Wines follows all PCI-DSS requirements and implemented additional generally accepted industry standards.
We may place small text files called ‘cookies’ on your device when you visit our website. These files do not contain personal data, but they do contain a personal identifier allowing us to associate your personal data with a certain device. These files serve several useful purposes for you, including:
- tailoring our website’s functionality to you personally by letting us remember your preferences.
- improving how our website performs.
- allowing third parties to provide services to our website; and
- helping us deliver targeted advertising where appropriate in compliance with the applicable laws.
For more information on how to control cookies, check your browser or device’s settings for how you can control or reject cookies, or visit the following links:
ACCEPTANCE REQUIRED AND AGE OF CONSENT
To use Bonnievale Wines’ website or order any of its products an individual must accept all the terms of this policy. By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all of its terms.
If an individual does not agree with anything in this policy, then he/she may not use the website or order any of Bonnievale Wines’ goods.
You may not access our website to order our goods or services if you are younger than 18 years old or do not have legal capacity to conclude legally binding contracts.
We may need to disclose personal data to our employees that require the personal data to do their jobs. These include our responsible management, human resources, accounting, audit, compliance, information technology, or other personnel. Any of our employees or personnel that handle your personal data will have signed non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements.
An individual shall always have the right to ask Bonnievale Wines not to contact him/her for marketing purposes and can do this at any time by using any of the various “opt out” or “unsubscribe” options that Bonnievale Wines provide you with when we send marketing or other information to an individual.
An individual has the right to request access to the information Bonnievale Wines has collected and processed about an individual and requests that Bonnievale Wines corrects or updates any incorrect or incomplete information.
An individual may at any time lodge an objection with Bonnievale Wines regarding the collection, use and processing of personal information.
COMMITMENT TO SECURITY
Bonnievale Wines has put in place safeguards to protect personal information and to prevent loss, damage or unauthorised access to or disclosure of personal information.
These security safeguards are based on generally accepted information security practices and procedures which apply to the platforms, products and services Bonnievale Wines provides.
Bonnievale Wines regularly checks that these safeguards are correctly implemented and continually updated in response to new risks or any identified deficiencies.
We may change the terms of this policy at any time by updating this web page. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website or by sending you an email detailing the changes that we have made and indicating the date that they were last updated. If you do not agree with the changes, then you must stop using the website, and our goods or services. If you continue to use the website or our goods or services following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you and you will be deemed to have accepted those updated terms.
If an individual would like to access; correct; amend or delete any personal information Bonnievale Wines has about him/her, registers a complaint or simply wants more information, the Privacy Compliance Officer can be contacted at : email@example.com
DISCLOSURES REQUIRED BY THE ECT ACT
In as far as certain transactions on the website are classified as “electronic transactions” terms of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 2002, Bonnievale Wynkelder (Pty) Ltd. including BonWines (Pty) Ltd. discloses the following information in terms of Chapter VII of the ECT Act:
Full name and legal status: Bonnievale Wynkelder (Pty) Ltd. public company incorporated under the laws of the Republic of South Africa Registration 2019/258873/07. Incorporating:
BonWines (Pty) Ltd. public company incorporated under the laws of the Republic of South Africa Registration 2001/019802/07.
Bonnievale Wynkelder; Kapteinsdrift; Bonnievale; 6730
Postal address: P.O. Box 206; Bonnievale; 6730
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT, 2013
AGREEMENT AND CONSENT DECLARATION
- In this Agreement, unless inconsistent with or otherwise indicated by the context
- “This Agreement” means the Agreement contained in this document.
- “Client” means any person, individual, entity that voluntary engages with Bonnievale Wynkelder (Pty) Ltd or BonWines (Pty) Ltd, for purposes of acquiring its services, products, marketing material and other relevant material.
- “The Company/Service provider” means Bonnievale Wynkelder (Pty) Ltd. including BonWines (Pty) Ltd., a company registered under the laws of South Africa with Registration Number for Bonnievale Wynkelder (Pty) LtdRegistration 2019/258873/07 and BonWines (Pty) Ltd. with registration number 2019/258873/07 and includes its directors and employees.
- “personal information” means personal information as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013;
- ‘‘processing’’ means any operation or activity or any set of operations, whether or not by automatic means, concerning personal or any information, including but not limited to: the collection, receipt, recording, organisation, collation, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, alteration, consultation or use of personal information;
- “POPIA” means the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013.
WHEREAS IT IS AGREED THAT
- All parties agree that they will comply with POPI regulations and process all the information and/or personal data in respect of the services being rendered in accordance with the said regulations and only for the purpose of providing the Services that constitutes Bonnievale Wines’ primary business as a service provider.
- The Parties confirm as follows:
- One or more of the parties to this agreement, will possess and will continue to possess information that may be classified or may be deemed as private, confidential or as personal information.
- Such information may be deemed as the private, confidential or as personal information in so far as it relates to any party to this agreement.
Such information may also be deemed as or considered as private, confidential or as personal information of any third person who may be directly or indirectly associated with this agreement.
- Further it is acknowledged and agreed by all parties to this agreement, that such private, confidential or personal information may have value and such information may or may not be in the public domain.
- All parties irrevocably agree to abide by the terms and conditions as set out in this agreement as well as irrevocably agree and acknowledge that all information provided, whether personal or otherwise, may be used and processed by Bonnievale Wines for the purposes intended and for no other purposes whatsoever unless consented thereto by the Client or by order of a Court or a legal instrument.
- Further it is specifically agreed that Bonnievale Wines will use its best endeavours and take all reasonable precautions to ensure that any information provided, is only used for the purposes it has been provided for.
- It is confirmed that by submitting information to Bonnievale Wines, irrespective as to how such information is submitted, the Client consents to the collection, collation, processing, and storing of such information and the use and disclosure of such information in accordance with this policy.
Declaration by Client
- It is hereby declared and confirmed by the Client that he/she do hereby irrevocably consents to and understand that any/all information supplied or given to Bonnievale Wines, is done so in terms of the terms and conditions of this Agreement and consent declaration.
- The Client has the right, to at any time, inform Bonnievale Wines in writing that it revokes it’s consent in terms of this Agreement and Bonnievale Wines will then destroy any and all personal information of the Client in its database whereafter such person will not be contacted by Bonnievale Wines again.
Here at Bonnievale Wines, we do everything we can to make sure that you can shop with complete confidence. Not only do we ensure that all our products are of the highest possible quality, but we also take pride in providing detailed information on every wine on our online store.
- If you are not satisfied with the wine you have received, you may return it within 14 days of purchase at your own expense, for any reason, for a full refund.
- If for some reason the product we deliver to you is damaged, defective or does not match what you ordered, we will collect and refund or replace it at no cost to you.
However, please note that all returns are subject to the following conditions:
- You notify us of the problem within 7 days of delivery.
- The item is intact (other than initial damage) and in its original packaging.
- To notify us of an issue, please contact us on +27 23 616 2795/+27 23 616 2800 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange for replacement.
- You may also return your product for a full store credit or cash refund if you do not want the product for any reason within 14 days of purchase, but you will have to cover the cost of return postage yourself.
Returns are eligible provided that:
- You notify us of the return within 14 days of purchase.
- The products are in their original packaging and in a re-sellable condition,
- Any wine purchased has not been opened.
- Please notify us at email@example.com of the return, and we will provide details of how you can send us the product.
- Returns will be refunded as store credit or as cash, paid back into the payment method that was used to pay for the order.
- Please note that if you choose to return part of an order, you may no longer qualify for all special offers associated with your purchase. For example, if you received a free gift with purchase you may be required to return the gift in order to receive full credit for your return.
Name of person: John Barnardt CEO
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
We value your custom – Thank you.